Palm Springs, CA – June 28, 2012 – The Palm Springs Bureau of Tourism has launched a new iPad app called “Palm Springs HD.” Travelers have instant access to a Palm Springs Trip Planner to build customized itineraries, view photos with descriptions about places to stay, play, dine and shop in Palm Springs, California. The iPad Palm Springs HD App is available at www.VisitPalmSprings.Mobi and iTunes.
With a touch of a finger, visitors can plan their trip in Palm Springs by selecting a variety of activities, events and placing them into a day planner format. Palm Springs HD iPad App features include:
• Trip Planner: Customize trip by selecting categories and dates to create the ultimate getaway. For example, create a “relaxing day” which includes a visit to a spa resort, lunch at a poolside café and evening cocktails at a piano bar.
• Stay, Play, Dine and Shop: Browse through photos and descriptions to locate the perfect place to stay in Palm Springs. Find full service, convention and mid-size hotels, boutique hotels and inns, vacation homes and condo rentals, and LGBT resorts.
• Downtown: Locate the best places to dine and shop along the famous Palm Canyon Drive.
• What’s Nearby: An interactive map to locate attractions, restaurants, stores and lodging destinations closest to the user.
• Hot Deals: View all specials, travel deals, packages and discounts in Palm Springs.
• Event Calendar: Check out what’s happening in Palm Springs by date. Locate street festivals, art walks, film festivals, and more.
Users who do not have an iPad can still have a digital experience with Palm Springs through the destination’s mobile site, VisitPalmSprings.mobi, and free apps for iPhone, Droid, and Blackberry.
About Palm Springs Bureau of Tourism
The Palm Springs Bureau of Tourism is the City’s official destination marketing organization whose focus is to promote the City to consumers, the media, and domestic and international trade buyers, thus increasing the transient occupancy taxes and sales taxes generated for the City, and increasing the City’s exposure as a world-class year-round leisure destination. The Palm Springs Bureau of Tourism is operated and managed by SMG. For visitor information, go to www.VisitPalmSprings.com.